Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blusher

Hello!

Last night, I picked up what I consider my first "real" blush. I'm usually a very low-maintenance, minimal make-up girl, but I've been looking into purchasing a blush for a few months now. For months I debated between powder and cream, pink and peach, shimmer and matte. I did my research about brands, staying power, application, shades, etc.

After much debate, I finally settled on Illmasqua's Cream Blusher in Rude ($26).  For a while now I've been leaning toward peach/coral over pink, and I'm loving Rude's warm coral pink color. I was a bit hesitant to try out a cream blush, but it's surprisingly easy to apply. I've read that cream blushes can be applied using a brush (such as stippling, or flat-top brushes) but being the make-up minimalist that I am, I just decided to use my fingers. Because I have light skin, I applied the blush with a light hand. It was a little intimidating at first, but the blush was surprisingly easy to blend out with just my fingers.

(photo credit: Sephora)

I was also concerned about the staying power of the blush, but it held up really well. I had applied primer under my foundation and used a finishing powder on top, and everything stayed put. Overall, I give Illamasqua a 5/5 for their cream blushes. I'm looking forward to trying out more shades, as well as their powder blushes that I've read so many good things about.



Love, Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment