Monday, February 11, 2013

Gap: Skimmers & Prints

Hello!

I was window shopping at the mall yesterday and fell in love with some of Gap's spring collection. My favorite pieces are probably the skimmers. Gap offers plenty of colors, shades, prints, and fits; it's hard not to fall in love with them. Here are a few of my favorites:

(photo credit: Gap)
This Skinny Skimmer Jean in Camo is my favorite of the bunch. Usually, I'm more of a girly girl and tend to choose sophisticated/pastel/neutral colors and prints, but this camo skimmer spoke out to me for some reason. I'd pair this with a simple white top (plain tee, boyfriend shirt, etc.) and nude flats/heels or tan oxfords.


(photo credit: Gap)
I noticed this Broken-In Straight Striped Khaki in Railroad Stripe in the window display at the store. To me, it looks more flattering rolled up. It would pair well with a fitted solid button-down, perhaps slightly tucked in, and a belt.  


(photo credit: Gap)
The Skinny Mini Skimmer Khaki in Tomato is my idea of the perfect red pants. I've been wanting a pair of red pants for a while now, but haven't quite found one that I really love. This color also comes with the Straight Khaki fit, same as the Railroad Stripe above. But because my legs are stick skinny and straight fits tend to make me look unproportional, I personally prefer the skinny fit.

Besides the skimmers, here's a few other pieces that really caught my eye:

(photo credit: Gap)
The Harbor Jersey Roll-Sleeve Dress in Electric Fuchsia is a simple dress that hits above the knees and can be easily dressed up or down. The color is perfect for spring and adds a bit of punch to an otherwise ordinary day. I would keep it simple and wear as is or pair the dress with neutral accessories. For those who like a lot of color, accessories in complementary colors could be added.


(photo credit: Gap)
I noticed this Fitted Boyfriend Teacup Print Shirt at the store and instantly fell in love with it. I'm a sucker for whimsical prints and patterns and boyfriend shirts, so of course I wanted to take this baby home with me. I tend to like my button-downs/blouses a little loose, so I usually go a size up for a more relaxed and casual look.  

(photo credit: Gap)
I love blazers, but I also think that it's really hard to find one with a perfect cut/fit/pattern/fabric/etc. I haven't tried this on yet, so I can't testify to its fit. However, I love the light grey shade on this Corded Stripe Academy Blazer. It's not as harsh as the usual black/dark blazers, and provides a casual feel. I also love the coral shade on the inside. With the sleeves rolled up, the coral provides just a hint of color in an otherwise neutral blazer.

And that's it! Things that I'm currently loving from Gap. I'm sure I'll be back in the store soon, purchasing at least one thing from this list. I'm sure my bank account is already shaking its head at me...



Love, Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment