Monday, March 18, 2013

Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil


Hello!

I recently purchased a new eyebrow pencil. The one I had previously been using was a bit too brown for me, and could look unnatural at times. So I went to Sephora and picked up the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil ($23)

(photo credit: Sephora)
I've heard about Anastasia's brow products for years and finally decided to splurge on their brow pencil. I got the shade "medium brown," which is a really great match for my brows. Although most people will only ever need one shade for their brow pencil, I appreciate Anastasia's wide variety of shades. The Perfect Brow Pencil comes in six colors, much more than most brands offer, especially drugstore brands that typically offer just two or three colors. Anastasia makes it easy to find a perfect match. The pencil itself is smooth and creamy. I haven't found any problems with it being too waxy or too soft. It applies really well, but I tend to use a light hand just because I'm still not that confident when it comes to filling in my brows. I use light feathery strokes in the direction that my brow hairs grow in, to create a natural look. I can't even see the lines that I've drawn; it's that natural-looking. A brow brush is attached to the other end of the pencil, which is nice and can come in handy. However, I personally don't get much use out of it because I don't have a problem with my fine, thin brow hairs getting unruly. 

I'm not sure if I would repurchase again, just because it IS quite pricey compared to many drugstore brand brow pencils. I'll probably do some research to see if there are any good dupes for the shade and consistency of Anastasia's Perfect Brow Pencil. But in the meantime, I'm really satisfied with it. Best brow pencil I've ever tried!



Love, Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment